What to Expect During Your Visit
At Toronto Medical Eye Associates, we strive to provide our patients with excellent vision care services.
Your first exam with our team will include a thorough case history and a full medical evaluation, including your current systemic medical conditions. Your first exam will also include:
- A review of all medications, vitamins, and supplements
- Previous medical and surgical history
- Current ocular conditions and previous ocular history, such as any eye surgeries and trauma
- A preliminary dry eye screening
- Quantitative assessment of vision at distance and near
- Refractive assessment to determine the need for corrective lenses, whether at distance, near or both
- Evaluation of the visual system, including muscle alignment, papillary reaction
- Eye pressure measurement
Along with these comprehensive services, we will also conduct a dilated examination to examine the health of the back of the eye to rule out conditions such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, retinal conditions, and systemic issues that affect the eyes.
Preparing for Your Visit & Patient Forms
To make your visit as efficient and productive as possible, we suggest that you:
- Bring a list of all current medications
- Bring a list of all health care providers you are being managed by
- Bring current corrective spectacle lenses and /or contact lenses used for distance, reading, or both
- Bring sunglasses to alleviate light sensitivity following dilation
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns related to your appointment.
Say Goodbye to Dry Eye
Do you suffer from dry eye symptoms?
Dry eye is a common condition that can cause your eyes to feel uncomfortable and irritated. Don’t let dry eye stop you from living your life. Dr. Taji is a trusted voice on dry eye disease and has hosted many lectures and presentations on diagnosis and treatment.
You can feel confident in your dry eye treatment with our team. Contact us today to book your dry eye evaluation and get relief sooner.
You’ll find our clinic around the corner from North York General Hospital, just up from the Don River and Betty Sutherland hiking trail.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any trouble finding us!